|Series||Core i7 12th Gen|
|CPU Socket Type ||LGA 1700|
|Core Name ||Alder Lake|
|# of Cores ||12-Core (8P+4E)|
|# of Threads ||20|
|Operating Frequency ||P-core Base Frequency: 2.1 GHz|
E-core Base Frequency: 1.6 GHz
|Max Turbo Frequency ||Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Frequency: Up to 4.9 GHz|
P-core Turbo Frequency: Up to 4.8 GHz
E-core Turbo Frequency: Up to 3.6 GHz
|L2 Cache ||12MB|
|L3 Cache ||25MB|
|Manufacturing Tech ||Intel 7|
|64-Bit Support ||Yes|
|Hyper-Threading Support ||Yes|
|Memory Types||DDR4 3200 / DDR5 4800|
|Max Memory Size||128 GB|
|Max Memory Bandwidth||76.8 GB/s|
|Virtualization Technology Support ||Yes|
|PCI Express Revision||5.0|
|Max Number of PCI Express Lanes||CPU PCIe 5.0 Lanes: 16|
CPU PCIe 4.0 Lanes: 4
|Thermal Design Power ||Processor Base Power: 65W|
Maximum Turbo Power: 180W
|Cooling Device||Intel Laminar RM1|
|Date First Available||March 31, 2022|
Intel Core i7-12700F
Featuring revolutionary hybrid design, the 12th Gen Intel Core processor is a breakthrough in x86 architecture. The hybrid architecture incorporates two kinds of cores — for the first time in a desktop processor — Performance-cores (P-cores) and Efficient-cores (E-cores), delivering performance or efficiency when you need it. Other features include PCIe 5.0 readiness, DDR5 support, and Intel 7 process technology for higher core density.
The Intel Core i7-12700F has 8 P-cores, 4 E-cores, and 20 total threads, delivering a new level of performance for gaming, creation and productivity.
* No integrated graphics. A discrete card is required to complete the system.
Revolutionary performance and multitasking.
- With the highest clock speeds and a groundbreaking new architecture, you’ll be able to push your gameplay to new heights while secondary apps run seamlessly in the background.
- Up to 4.9 GHz Max Clock Speed (1)
- 12 Cores (8 Performance-cores, 4 Efficient-cores)
- 20 Threads (16 on Performance-cores, 4 on Efficient-cores)
Divide and conquer.
- Intel’s new performance hybrid?architecture integrates two core families into a single CPU, keeping everything in your gaming universe running smoothly.
- Intel Thread Director prioritizes and manages workloads, sending tasks to the best core for the job. (2)
- P-cores are built for performance across single- and lightly-threaded workloads, enhancing activities like gaming and productivity.
- E-cores are optimized for multi-threaded performance, minimizing interruptions from secondary tasks.
Performance beyond the cores.
- The new processor architecture is also compatible with the latest platform innovations, giving you performance improvements throughout your PC.
- Support for PCIe Gen 5 and DDR5 for high-performance components like memory and graphics.
- Thunderbolt 4 and Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6/6E (Gig+) deliver fast transfer speeds and connections to peripherals.
1. On performance cores. Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors.
2.Intel Thread Director is designed into 12th Gen Intel Core processors and helps supporting operating system intelligently channel workloads to the right core. No user action required.
12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700F desktop processor
Built for the next generation of gaming.
Take on more, with more performance.Blazing-fast clock speeds and a revolutionary core architecture allow you to seamlessly chat, stream and record without sacrificing gameplay.Up to4.9 GHz Max Clock Speed.1
12 Cores8 Performance-cores4 Efficient-cores
20 Threads16 on Performance-cores4 on Efficient-cores
Single P-core Max/Base Clock Speed: 4.9/2.1 GHzSingle E-core Max/Base Clock Speed: 3.6/1.6 GHzIntel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0Processor base power: 65WIntel® Smart Cache: 25MBMotherboard compatibility: 600 series.2Total CPU PCIe lanes: 20Memory speed: DDR5, DDR4Discrete graphics card required
Divide and conquer.Intel’s new performance hybrid architecture integrates two core families into a single CPU, keeping everything in your gaming universe running smoothly.3
Intel® Thread Director
Prioritizes and manages workloads, sending tasks to the best core for the job.4
P-cores are built for performance across single and lightly-threaded workloads, enhancing activities like gaming and productivity.
E-cores are optimized for multi-threaded performance, minimizing interruptions from secondary tasks.
Performance beyond the cores.The new processor architecture is also compatible with the latest platform innovations, giving you performance improvements throughout your PC.
Ready for what’s nextSupport for PCIe Gen 5 and DDR5 for high-performance components like memory and graphics.
Best-in-class connectivityThunderbolt™ 4 technology and Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6/6E (Gig+) deliver fast transfer speeds and connections to peripherals.5